Powered with Google Blogger by Rahulmg : Google Informations Google Products and Service Informations: Happy trails with My Tracks for Android-powered phones

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Happy trails with My Tracks for Android-powered phones

Today I'm pleased to announce the new My Tracks application for Android-powered phones such as the T-Mobile G1. My Tracks records tracks of outdoor activities using the phone's built-in GPS. It shows these tracks on a map and presents live statistics, including an elevation profile. And here's the best part: it lets you easily share your activities with friends and the world using Google Maps, as well as archive your training history with Google Docs.
Check out a ride from one of the My Tracks engineers (click to view larger):




My Tracks was developed as a 20% project. On behalf of the entire team, we hope you enjoy using this application as much as we had fun developing it. And we're looking forward to seeing all of the creative ways people use it.

Announced by Dylan Casey, Product Manager and former professional cyclist

No comments: